1. Fighting your anxiety will just make things worse. Acknowledge that your brain is anxious. Try to understand why.
2. Picture your anxiety as a creature, outside of you. What does it look like? What is it telling you?
3. Focus on things you CAN control instead of worrying about things out of your control. Do something you can achieve, which is within your power (can be as simple as emptying the dishwasher or putting the bins out)
4. Realise that anxiety will pass. We often have waves of anxiety, which will reduce in strength after time. Sit in the midst of the wave and focus on breathing calmly.
5. Go for a walk, gym session, yoga session, run, bike ride. Anxiety builds tension in the body which needs to be released to fade. The longer you maintain inactive, the longer the tension will bother you.
6. Refocus on something completely unrelated to the focus of your anxiety/worry. Set a new goal, do something creative, start preparing dinner... Be mindful while doing this: pay attention to what your hands are doing, to what your eyes are seeing, to what your ears are hearing.
Give it a try, you will feel better!
Still hard to overcome your anxiety/worries? We provide psychological help! Give us a call to start your improvements today!